Thursday, September 27, 2012

Veggie Pasta!

It all started with some tomatoes, gifted to me by my good friend Amy!
Since I have no gardening skills of my own, it is good that I have so many talented and generous friends!
Then I saw this carrot and squash pasta on the shelf at target and the meal began to come together in my mind!


Kind of fun to watch Gigi try to figure out how to get the box open!
So, what you need:
 
1 head of broccoli
3-4 tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 red onion
2-3 tblsp olive oil
1/2 tsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 box carrot/squash farfalle
Feta
Get your pasta into salted boiling water!
And draft your helpers to get that garlic minced!
Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and toss in your chopped onion, let it saute for a minute or two, and add your garlic.
The smell is out of this world!
Chop your broccoli into bite sized pieces, and toss it in as well!
Add your 1/2 tsp butter, chopped tomatoes, and salt and pepper...
gorgeous!
Toss in your pasta once it is ready, top it with a little Feta cheese, and dig in!
And Look who stopped in at the last minute to mooch some dinner from big sis!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I think I fell in love with your garlic mincer thingy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Christmas gift idea! I will break you of your jarred garlic addiction yet!

      Delete