Friday, October 26, 2012

Old Dog...New Tricks! (Talking About PJ Pants Here!)

I love adding a little more style to my super simple pj pants by making the hem a complimentary color!
It's a simple trick that really makes a big difference!
When Noah moved from his crib to his toddler bed we bought him a bed set that included a top sheet which he never used!  I, of course, put it away with my spare fabrics intending to use it for some future project.
I thought it made sense to turn a sheet meant for sleeping under...
into pajama pants meant for sleeping in!
I used the Even Easier Pj Pants method, found HERE to create the basic pants, with just a few minor changes...
On my pattern, I shortened the hem by 2 inches, you could do more or less depending on how dramatic you want your colored hem to be...
I didn't want to cut the pattern, in case I want to use it later, so I just folded the hem up.
Then I measured the width of the hem and doubled it, mine turned out to be 16"...
And cut two pieces of my coordinating color 4" x 16".
I folded my hem pieces in half hot dog style and pressed them.
And pinned the folded piece to the right side of my pants hem.
I attached it using a 1/2" seam allowance, and I made sure to finish the edge!
Simple, right?  Now all you have to do is follow the Even Easier PJ Pants Tutorial found HERE to sew the pants together!
And what did Noah think of his snazzy jammies?
There are no words!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment