Monday, November 26, 2012

A Simple Idea...

Ok, so I know you all have seen my hand print apron in previous posts...
And it is my 1st and basically my only line of defence against ruined clothes caused by over zealous kids and their art projects, cooking projects, and everything in between!
But if an apron can protect me during project time, why couldn't a child size apron do the same thing for Noah?  Most kids smocks are bulky and uncomfortable, but an apron doesn't get in the way at all, and if I keep following that thread, why not get one and let him decorate it!
The only tricky part of a project like this is the permanence of the paints.  I use regular fabric paints available at any craft store.
Noah had a blast combining colors, squeezing the paint tubes...
And painting his hands...
In order to put those signature hand prints on his own apron!
(Child sized aprons are available at Hobby Lobby, by the way, and if you use a 40% off coupon when you purchase one, it costs next to nothing!)
So that's my simple idea, and activity and a practical result in one!
Psst! Need a crafty Christmas Gift idea?  These aprons also make great gifts, especially for aunts and grandmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment