Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ornaments of Fun!

We have a tradition in our household, every year we do an ornament!  It started with Noah, and we gave one to friends and family...
 And then Gigi came along and we did one with both hand prints and narrowed the field to just family...
But this year I came upon these gorgeous cobalt blue ornaments 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I thought we would do fingerprint snow and just give them to grandparents (I'm assuming that while friends and extended family love the kids, they don't need annual ornaments filling their trees, while grandparents won't mind!)
Gigi was eager for the project when she thought we would be using a paint brush...
 but she was horrified by the idea of putting paint on her fingers... 
So a little shameless bribery was in order and soon she was enthusiastically ready to proceed!
My simple and neat concept of fingerprint snow was lost on her, but I make no complaints about her artistic interpretations...
Especially since she put so much effort into it!
Noah caught on right away and did a beautiful job even adding snowmen to his creations!
And we have just enough for each of the grandparents to have a set with one left over for ourselves!
Special thanks to a helpful hubby!


1 comment:

  1. I promise I'll forget everything I read and saw about whatever it was you blogged today. (And for some strange reason, I just can't wait for Christmas now!)

    ReplyDelete