Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What the Heck am I Doing?!

I have always been physically active, sports in high school, and a relatively consistent gym attendance (excluding my first year of college and the freshman 15 which we won't dwell on)...
I used to run to the gym on my lunch break when I was working and sneak in a quick 30 minutes of cardio, and since I am now a stay at home mom, the gym has become somewhat of a refuge, a place where it's all about me, and it's quiet in my head...PRICELESS!

About a year ago, I got the urge to try a group fitness class...
Pause here because this is pretty significant, I avoid all human contact when working out, and I have limited rhythmic abilities and no desire to make a fool of myself...
I found that Anna, the instructor, had a great style and I started noticing a big difference in my body tone almost immediately, so of course, Anna announces that she is pregnant and will be going on maternity leave...
Well, Anna had to miss a class a few weeks back and oops! I found myself teaching the class in her place!
Somehow, I was convinced that I should get certified, hired by Ballys and substitute for Anna!
So, for the past few weeks I have been consumed with 8 counts, hitting the "phrase" during a step routine, and conquering some pretty significant nerves!
Practice is the watch word, so guess who is now able to demonstrate a proper warm up routine?
This is Noah slowly rolling his head to one side and then the other...
And thanks to Gwen Stafani and her Holla Back classic, Noah can now spell Bananas while step kicking to the beat!
So things have been a bit crazy around here with all that jumping and lunging and weight lifting etc...
And that's on top of all the regular...
Day to day...
Busyness!
So, while posts may be a bit spread out at the moment, there are more tutorials and fun projects on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment