Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Want to hear a secret?!

The secret is...
I'm a genius!  Ok, not a genius, but the tip I'm about to share certainly rates a cheer, or at the very least a round of applause!
I have a microfiber couch...
I also have two amazingly, cute, amazingly messy children...
It's the combination of couch and children that creates the problem,
and the problem is that the microfiber couch is very sensitive to liquids...
 even a single drop of water leaves a mark!
It's embarrassing!
I have a system for cleaning the couch that is effective, involving a wet cloth, Resolve foaming cleaner and a ton of elbow grease, but it leaves the couch wet and unusable for hours!
I have also tried with limited success a cleaning system involving alcohol and water that I saw on Pinterest.  I went back to my resolve system.
BUT!  I have discovered an alternate solution...
Baby wipes!!!
Specifically, Huggies brand wipes, which tend to be a bit more durable!
Grab a handful, and start rubbing the spots away using a back and forth and round and round combination!
You also will want to "blend" out the wet edges so that you don't create new water marks...
It's a little disturbing, and a little exciting to witness how much dirt you scrub off the upholstery, but really, I challenge even you non-microfiber couch owners to wipe your cushions with a baby wipe and see what comes up!
I'm not going to lie, it takes a fair amount of wipes, but once the area has been scrubbed, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to dry completely!
And, while the results aren't professional grade cleaning, they are definitely impressive!
So, children, play away...spill water...drool...you don't scare me!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tip for a super easy (and inexpensive) way to keep the couch clean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete