Friday, July 12, 2013

Because Sometimes You Just Need a Rainbow Sundress!

I am a fabric addict, and I have been trying to cut back on my kid in a candy store urges lately...
BUT, when the rainbow chevron material I have been admiring for many many weeks went on clearance today...
What was a girl with little to no will power supposed to do?!
Luckily, I had a plan for this fabric and I launched into action immediately, spending nap time putting together this little beauty...
I love this pattern, I created it using one of Gigi's existing dresses, and just simplified the heck out of the concept by using pre-created bias tape for the hem...
(Note that I did not waist time trying to exactly match up the chevron pattern at the sides, I was going for unique and fun, not perfection...also, I didn't think of it until I had already cut the material!)
and the neckline...
And the truly great thing about using the bias tape it that I didn't have to spend extra time hemming and finishing off the edges, and by threading elastic through the neckline, I created a comfortable, easy to get on, ruffled look!
I wasn't completely lazy, I mean I did make my own rainbow bias tape for the sleeves of the dress :)
and I have to say the final product was so dang cute I almost want to make one for myself...but not today!
Anyway, lets see what Lady Gigi thought of her new frock?...
I think we can do better than that...
Hmmm...there seems to be something missing from this ensemble...
Ahhhh, sparkly blue shoes!  That's better!
And just look at all the fun things you can do in a rainbow dress...
Like chase the cat...
and hug the cat who desperately does not wish to be hugged!...
And, you can climb into the drivers seat of the car and grin ridiculously when mom turns around and catches you!
Of course, big brother wanted a turn...
And, since we are in the "I don't actually smile for the camera stage",
we accept the ridiculous of the now and patiently wait for the the future when such pictures can be used for maximum embarrassment, and or blackmail!  
SHAZAAM!

1 comment:

  1. It's truly a rainbow tradition! Now I just need a chevron rainbow car trash bag, and let's see, how about a retro 1970's Peter Max Cosmic design car trash bag?!!!! (Or maybe just a cell phone holder to attach to my purse or bag!!!)

    ReplyDelete