Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Prettiest Darn Viking You Have Ever Seen!


I think I mentioned a few posts back, that we visited the Renaissance Festival this year...
Well, while we were there, a young fellow passed us by wearing a knitted viking hat complete with full beard!
Now, the guy had to be melting in the 90+ degree heat, but Joshua immediately turned to me and said, "I want one!"
So... 
Now you will have to forgive the photo quality of this post, I used my phone for the convenience...in other words, after crocheting this beauty for hours on end, I got lazy!
For the hat base, I used my standard hat pattern, but I had no pattern for the horns or the beard...
I decided to do a cascading pattern for the horns, and sew the cascade together at an angle...
And, after stuffing the opening with a bit of batting...
It came together beautifully!
I kept it simple for the beard, only adding a mouth opening for wearable comfort...
I made the beard optional by sewing buttons to the inside of the hat, and...
What do you think?
With the beard?...
Without the beard...
With the beard!!!
Nailed it!!!
Gigi said, "Wuv dis hat!"
Hmmm...Halloween costume idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment