Saturday, April 12, 2014

Long Time, No See...

I've been hibernating...
At least that is the best explanation I can come up with for my long term absence and neglect of my blog!
No particular reason for it except, kids, teaching, grocery shopping, play dates, spring break, sewing, cooking, cleaning, homeworking (no seriously, homework is a thing, even in kindergarten!  Who knew?)
But, now I'm back, and hopefully I will be able to stay on top of my blog world now that spring is here...
And spring is DEFINITELY here, I know because...
Glorious 70 degree weather was immediately followed by this!
Of course, I'm not complaining, snow like that is quickly gone, allowing us to enjoy our spring break with activities like...
Playing with ooblick, a surprisingly complicated liquid/solid concoction made from surprisingly simple ingredients!
Roughly 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part water with a little food coloring mixed in!
It's always a hit!
And since Josh's birthday fell during our break, we couldn't pass up an opportunity to meet him for a lunch break ice cream cone!
Followed by a "massive" celebration including banners...
And lovingly homemade and carefully decorated cake!
But then it was back to the spring break activities, and this Moon sand was such a success I had to share it!  I found the idea on pinterest, but I tweaked the recipe a little, adding a bit more baby oil than it calls for thereby making it a bit more dense!
This little activity had Noah engaged for over an hour!
Of course, Noah wasn't the only one keeping busy, Gigi got her tutu on in ballet...
Her Doc McStuffins on at play...
And her sass on at bath time!
So, as you can see, we have been busy, and hopefully you will forgive my reticence in blogging...
No?!
Just kidding!  Phew!
It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment