Friday, December 5, 2014

Dear Santa...

I never believed in Santa...it's not a sad thing for me, I was mostly creeped out by the idea of a stranger sneaking into my house in the middle of the night, and no amount of presents dispelled the discomfort of that concept.
So, I never intended to play the Santa card with my kids, I wasn't against it exactly, I just figured I wouldn't make a big deal of it, wouldn't stand in line for him, wouldn't create traditions around him, and I certainly wouldn't give him credit for the excellent gifts that I purchased for my little ones...
My kids have taught me that my "no-santa" attitude was, to sum up in one word...
Lame...
So now, we make our lists...
and mail our letters to the North pole...
And we even sit on Santa's lap...
Sometimes, it's good to be wrong...
And I love that I learn so much from my kids...
That through them everything becomes new again...
But, as much as I appreciate the fun that others seem to have with him, I will never be able to get on board with elf on the shelf!  Santa?  Yes... Sneaky Santa Elf spies that come to life while you're not looking?  Nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment