Sunday, December 7, 2014

I Think I Need a Cookie...

Today we celebrated our annual cookie day...
It's a day that is assembly line sweat shop style labor camouflaged as a festive holiday baking tradition...
 with endless hours of mixing, rolling, cutting, baking, and finally...
decorating!
Don't get me wrong, there is also copious amounts of laughing, chatting, tasting, teasing, and general merriment as well!
I love cookie day, it's exhausting, fun and delicious!
 And it's generally a full day event all by itself, but today was capped off by Gigi's special dance recital performance!
She took part in a two performance show, the first act featuring herself and several other enthusiastic 3 year olds dancing ballet...
And I cannot tell you just how much pride, love, and absolute awe ran through me when the curtains opened and Gigi looked out into the audience and waved enthusiastically at me!
but I think the best moment was backstage when we were about to change costumes for her second number, and she said, "I just wuv to dance!"
The jazzy Rudolph tap number was next...
And again I received a happy wave from the stage...
She's just growing up too fast...
They both are...sniff...
I think I need a cookie!
Yep, moments like this definitely call for sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment